Lunch with Dr Leong Che-hung (梁智鴻), Renowned Surgeon (19 Dec)
Regular price $2,000.00
Meet Dr Leong, also known as "金刀梁", who has led the Hospital Authority, Elderly Commission, ICAC, HKU Council, Hong Kong AIDS Foundation, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine and many others.
Date & time: 19 Dec 2020 12:15-2:30pm
Location: K11 ATELIER King's Road, 728 King's Road, Quarry Bay
What you'll get
Light lunch with Dr Leong and other like-minded individuals (maximum 15 people)
Learn his journey as a renowned Surgeon who is also passionate about public services (or ask anything you want!)
Acknowledgment as a Donor at the event
- Tax-deductible donation receipt in Hong Kong (after deducting the cost of Lunch)
About Dr Leong Che-hung
Dr Leong is a surgeon in private practice. He is currently Chairman of Hong Kong AIDS Foundation and the President of HK Anti Cancer Society.
Dr Leong was an unofficial Member of the Executive Council of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region from 2005 to 2012. He was also an elected member of the Legislative Council from 1988 to 2000. Dr Leong has held many key posts in the public service sector, including Chairman of the Hospital Authority (2002-2004), Chairman of the Council on Human Reproductive Technology (2001-2010), Chairman of the Elderly Commission (2005-2011), Chairman of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) Council (2009-2015), Chairman of ICAC Complaints Committee (2010-2015), Chairman of Elder Academy Development Foundation (2009-2017) and Chairman of the Committee on Standard Working Hours (2013-2017).
On the professional side, Dr Leong is the Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Regent of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Dr Leong was the Founding President of The College of Surgeons of Hong Kong. He served as President of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine from 2000 to 2004.
• Non-official Member, Executive Council, HKSARG
• Member, Legislative Council
• Chairman, Hospital Authority
• Chairman, Council on Human Reproductive Technology
• Chairman, Elderly Commission
• Chairman, HKU Council
• Chairman, ICAC Complaints Committee
• Chairman, Elder Academy Development Foundation
• Chairman, Committee on Standard Working Hours of Hong Kong
• Founding President, College of Surgeons of Hong Kong
• President, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine
• Founding President HK Society of Nephrologist
• Founding President HK Kidney Foundation
• Founding President HK Urology Association
What your donation will support
- Time Auction, a charity which connects young people with inspiring leaders while encouraging volunteerism. Over 68,800 volunteer hours were raised to date — Your donation will further fuel our movement of learning and volunteering!
To find out more, visit Time Auction website.